Wednesday, July 21, 2010

dollar store apron revamp!

My boys both earned enough gold stars to visit the dollar store! Hooray for them! While wondering through the aisles of cheap and what I like to call "2 minute toys" (they break in that amount of time) I spotted a semi-cute, full of potential apron! I grabbed it and immediately started planning what I could do to make it...well you know...CUTE!
Forgive me for putting my 4-year-old boy in a pink apron with a butterfly on it.
Basic 1st layer to cover the up the butterfly.
Overlap with another layer to form a pocket.
Add some rick-rack to finish the edge and throw on a hand made flower for
even more added cuteness. Finished with a bright yellow button!
My cute model, Maggie!

5 comments:

  1. Cute cute! Love your boy modeling lol! I make my little boy try on things sometimes that I'm making for my daughter when she's not here and my husband just loves me for it!!!lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cute! I never would've thought of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that IS cute! I love that bright yellow button. Darling!
    I'll keep the idea in mind for a future project,
    -CK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super creative, I love your blog..I got the address from my sis at "Gypsylemonade.blogspot.com". Love how down to earth you are. Becca

    ReplyDelete