Friday, May 7, 2010

Tissue plate keepsake?

I seriously could not decide what to name this project. So...yeah.
This idea happened rather haphazardly. I LOVE this picture of my grandmother. It was taken when she graduated from college. She made the dress she is wearing and I remember staring at this picture when I was a little girl. My grandma King (Shirley) was (I guess, still is) and AMAZING seamstress. She graduated from BYU with a clothing design and family sciences degree. She is such a sweet lady and I wanted to honor her this Mothers Day.
I didn't know quite what to do.
I thought.
And thought.
Till I saw an old plate I had made a few years ago- which I never finished.
Mod Podge + Inspiration = this plate! Wahoo!
I simply covered the plate (which was purchased at Tai Pan, also seen at Wal Mart) applied a wrinkled sheet of tissue paper, re-applied Mod Podge, then firmly pushed the picture into place- smoothing out any bubbles. I let the plate dry and it was done! It looks really pretty in person, I don't think the picture does it justice. Hopefully its a treasure! Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Gma would be so happy to see that. Next time you come down you have to bring it and show it to her. She really was a beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Is that an actual picture or printed on computer paper?

    ReplyDelete