Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Flutter flies.

I'm sorry there isn't more tutorial journaling...I promise I will be better in future posts. Here is a simple and SUPER DUPER cute idea for cupcakes.

You will need:
White almond bark
Sm. plastic baggies (for piping)
Wax paper
Neon food coloring (found on the baking aisle)
Cake mix
30 minutes of total free creative mommy time.

I started out with cupcakes made to specifications on the box. Once they were cooled I frosted them with the bright green frosting (from a tub, thanks) I created with the coloring. Melt the chocolate, dye with the desired color, leave some white. Start piping your wing shapes onto the wax paper and fill in with white, edging the white to the colored brim with a tooth-pick.sprinkle with some nonpareils. Let them harden. Clear as mud? Good. Finish scribbling on some bodies and you've got some cute bugs to eat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment