Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Little boys can have cute shirts.

For Easter, my mom gave the clowns super cute striped tee's. They are definately cute enough on their own, but I saw some hidden potential in those duds. I started first with the blue shirt. I was coached on the design by the expert himself. He wanted a "super-awesome-cool-spaceship." With directions like those, how could I go wrong? I drew the shapes of the rocket on a basic sheet of paper and then pinned them in place. With my sewing machine on a simple stitch, I traced each piece and then placed the black piece on the shirt.

Shirt #2
This is an obviously easy pattern. 3 diamonds with cross-stitching through each. I love the cute argyle pattern it created. I think we took these to the next level of cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment